- Provide high standards of teaching and learning for all pupils.
- Actively explore the role of Faith in their own lives and in the lives of the wider community.
- Provide an inclusive environment which educates, develops and prepares all our pupils for life in a diverse society.
- Recognise and build on pupils’ previous knowledge, experience and understanding.
- Encourage independence, self-esteem and natural curiosity.
- Celebrate achievement.
- Embed a stimulating curriculum to develop lifelong learning.
- Recognise all children as individuals with their own rights and responsibilities.
- Value and encourage parental partnerships with exchange of ideas and information.
- Actively involve members of the local and wider community, valuing their positive contribution to the learning experience of all.
At St Michael’s CE Academy, we commissioned an artist to work with us to create a piece of artwork that would symbolise our core values. The artist who worked with us is called Emma Bulley. Please see Emma’s website for further information about the work that she does:
Emma worked with our parents, children and staff to create artwork that represents the core Christian Values of our Academy (see our photo gallery on this page). The work was done over a period of three days with several pieces of art created. All the main pieces of art that are currently displayed in our entrance area are the work of our parents and children – with the hand of a professional artist guiding the process.