3A Teacher - Miss Austerfield
3A Teaching Assistant - Mrs Walker
3D Teacher - Miss Dews
3D Teaching Assistant - Mrs Green
If you are self isolating, Miss Austerfield or Miss Dews will be in touch to give you your Seesaw login details. This will be where we set and mark your work while you are learning at home! :)
Please see the Parent Guide and videos below to help you when using Seesaw
This half term we are learning about...
English - Our core book is The BFG!
Science - Animals including humans
R.E - What is it like to follow God?
History - Ancient Egypt
Please see the Curriculum Mats below that give more information about what the children will be learning in each of these subjects.
Home Learning is being set every week on Seesaw!
There will be:
- A KIRFS (Key Instant Recall Facts) activity
- A Topic grid full of activities that you can do at your leisure over the full half term.
- Some Maths activities to consolidate learning from the Maths unit being taught in class.
We can't send reading books home at the moment. However, Oxford Owl (the reading scheme that we use in school) have made all of their books available online for free! Please continue to read these with your child at home as often as possible. If you are unsure of the book band that your child is reading at, please ask Miss Austerfield or Miss Dews at a convenient time.
Other useful learning sites and links
- Free Audio Books: https://stories.audible.com/start-listen
- Free e-books (this is the reading scheme that we use in school): https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/books/free-ebooks/
- A virtual safari around Longleat Safari: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUmHClrRPxc
- First Aid Training: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3y_WE75UJs&fbclid=IwAR27BXzMksSgQvNycV04xlG6JBJQ3bVAVpUEGW65uKCbKf5Kx8JYHyQ6FgE
- Joe Wicks PE Workout: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ
To help support you and your child, Headspace are offering free meditations for sleep and movement exercises to help support a positive mood: https://www.headspace.com/covid-19
Met Museum Kids - https://www.metmuseum.org/art/online-features/metkids/time-machine
Big Eyed Owl - https://www.bigeyedowl.co.uk/
Science Museum Group - https://learning-resources.sciencemuseum.org.uk/