Start and end of the day procedures
Start of the day:
- Gates will open at 8.35 am (right after the caretaker puts up the barriers to the school gates)
- The caretaker will ensure that children do not go onto the Trim Trail unsupervised.
- We ask parents to keep out of the central area of the playground – inside the road markings.
- Whistle must be blown at 8.50 am.
- Year 1 will be collected at the gate to their enclosed area.
- Year 2, 3 and 5S will be collected at the same place as normal.
- Year 4 will be collected at the blue container.
- Years 5 and 6 will be collected by their classroom doors (except 5S).
- Parents and children come into Nursery through the Nursery cloakroom door at the start of Nursery sessions
- The door will be locked after all parents have left.
- Teacher on duty blows the whistle at 8.50am
- Children line up on the playground
- Children line up with parents at the small fence and gate.
- Enter school with parents to the Reception cloakroom and classroom.
Main playground gate
- Children arriving slightly late can be encouraged to get into school before the doors close at 9.00 am.
- Parents can be encouraged to leave the playground so the gate can be shut
- Any children arriving after all doors are shut and the gate is closed, will need to go to the main office
End of the day:
- All parents are asked to wait behind the road markings on the playground.
- All classes dismissed at 3.15 pm
- All Year 5 and 6 Classes can be dismissed straight from the classroom. They can make their own way home or find their parent in the playground if a younger sibling is being collected.
- Parents collecting Y5 and Y6 pupils can wait in the container playground.
- Year 4 children will be dismissed from the container area. Y4 parents will be encouraged to wait in the container playground.